Welcome to Green Living Europe’s website.
LLP-Comenius bilateral partnership – 2012-2014
Bergen Handelsgymnasium (BHG) is an upper secondary school located in Kalfarveien, Bergen in Norway. The school was established in 1904 and is therefore one of the oldest gymnasia in Norway. BHG in known for being one of the elite schools in Bergen, and often participates in international projects, such as Comenius Green Living. I has been decided that this school will be shut down in the summer of 2014, due to the opening of the new larger school, Amalie Skram.
Heinrich-Hertz Schule, with its almost 1500 pupils, is one of the largest schools in Hamburg. Because of its broad spectrum of offers and its close location to public transport, it is a very popular school.
Bergen Handelsgymnasium & Heinrich-Hertz-Schule
Within the project “Living green in Europe” the two partners would like to study together green living and sustainable development in the European cities, Hamburg and Bergen. Our main interest is to investigate how acting and thinking green in relation to living, working, studying, cultural behaviour, innovative thinking, and ecological, ethical, esthetical behaviour in the city now and in the future, may create sustainable development. At the same time we like to cooperate in a democratic and inclusive manner to promote peaceful understanding of the Norwegian and German culture and history in European context. The challenges we are going to address are those named from EEA – European Environment Agency: Climate change, elderly population, traffic problems and pollution, regional development, decrease of natural resources and troubling health problems. The students are practising an active citizenship and learning a lot about some European countries.
Questions we had in the beginning:
How can we meet typical problems in European urban cities, such as climate change, aging people, poverty and marginalization, traffic challenges and regional development.
Main objectives of the partnership are:
- To acquire and expand knowledge about sustainable development regarding environment in “big” cities.
- To share experiences concerning living ecologically in cities, where ethical and esthetical behaviors are important variables.
This was done by undertaking a comparative study and empirical survey of existing projects in these cities:
1. What are the political intentions, laws and plans for Hamburg and Bergen:
- Democratic decisions on every level, programs of the political parties and organizations, and economic and research institutions, and education in Norway and Germany and values they are based on.
2. Different areas: Urban areas and their development, processes of gentrification and their impact on green living:
- Ways of living, work and transport in different urban areas, social inclusion and new settlements and green values as concepts of urban development.
3. Existing measures within:
- Climate and environment: Reducing CO2, sustainable development
- Transport: Individual and public, personal, climate friendly, train and plane; parking places and environmental zones
- Schools and companies: Recycling of paper and waste, saving energy, education programs
- Energy: Oil and gas, coal or atomic, wind and alternatives, energy efficiency, energy networks
- Housing: Properties, passive houses and smart electronic, energy efficient housing.
Bergen Handelsgymnasium was one of the local gymnasiums in Bergen. The school was established in 1904, which makes it one of the oldest in Norway.
The school has been in a lot of international projects the last years, and Green Living is one of them. Most of the projects has been attended through Comenius, which is a institutuion founded by EU.
BHG is closing this year, and all the students at BHG is being transfered to Amalie Skram.
If you wanna know more about the school visit its website:
A photo of all the members of the Green Living project in front of BHG:
Heinrich Hertz Schule was established in 1914. The school is much larger than BHG, but that is because HHS has elementary school at the same school.
HHS and BHG has been working together on projects in the past, and hopefully in the future on Amalie Skram.
Please visit the HHS website:
A photo of all the members of the Green Living project in front of HHS:
|Aug 2012||Brainstorming involving administration, staff and students.Concreting targets of investigationCommunication: Blog, facebook + skype|
|Sept 2012||Plan for autumn 2012: Intention climate and environment for common action/ climate and environmentDocuments and results. Developing new questions.Research: Questionnaire and interviews. Rapport.Video conference|
|Jan 2013||Workshops. Research design developed.Video conferenceUsing LMS og HHS, blog, facebook.|
|Feb 2013||Language, culture and history course: German (HHS-Teacher giving lessons 20 h in Bergen)|
|MarchApril 2013||Testing and fieldwork in the cities: BHG in Hamburg. Fieldwork carried out together.Bergen Handelsgymnasium in Hamburg ==> 15.04.13 – 25.04.13 |
|Conferences: Results and report, moderation of the survey.Reports from Hamburg|
|May 2013||Report -> Comenius|
|Aug 2013||Language, culture and history course: Norwegian (BHG-Teacher) giving lessons 20 h in Hamburg|
|Sept 2013||Testing and fieldwork in the cities: HHS in Bergen. Fieldwork carried out together.Heinrich-Hertz-Schule In Bergen ==> 09.09.13 -19.09.13 http://greenliving-europe.com/2014/05/green-measurements-in-bergen/|
|Nov 2013||Groups working together using IT: Comparative study.|
|Jan 2014||Conferences: Results of the comparative study|
|MarchApril 2014||Common summary + reportWebsite, movie presenting the result and a research report.Distribution of the outcomes to all participants.Teaching lower grade pupils.Sending reports to the involved companies and authorities.http://bergenhandelsgymnasium.no/2014/05/en-annerledes-geografitime/
|May 2014||Final report -> Comenius http://greenliving-europe.com/2014/05/the-fine-green…an-development/|