LLP-Comenius bilateral partnership – 2012-2014
Bergen Handelsgymnasium &
Within the project “Living green in Europe” the two partners would like to study together green living and sustainable development in the European cities, Hamburg and Bergen. Our main interest is to investigate how acting and thinking green in relation to living, working, studying, cultural behaviour, innovative thinking, and ecological, ethical, esthetical behaviour in the city now and in the future, may create sustainable development. At the same time we like to cooperate in a democratic and inclusive manner to promote peaceful understanding of the Norwegian and German culture and history in European context. The challenges we are going to address are those named from EEA – European Environment Agency: Climate change, elderly population, traffic problems and pollution, regional development, decrease of natural resources and troubling health problems. The students are practising an active citizenship and learning a lot about some European countries.
Questions we had in the beginning:
How can we meet typical problems in casino European The Center”s numerous activities include educational pipeline casino online programs, minority affairs, diversity initiatives, support for medical students and trainees, and cultural programs casino online within Mount Sinai school-delays.com of Medicine. urban cities, such as climate change, aging people, poverty and marginalization, traffic challenges and regional development.
Main objectives of the partnership are:
– To acquire and expand knowledge about sustainable development regarding environment in “big” cities.
– To share experiences concerning living ecologically in cities, where ethical and esthetical behaviors are important variables.
This was done by undertaking a comparative study and empirical survey of existing projects in these cities:
1. What are the political intentions, laws and plans for Hamburg and Bergen:
Democratic decisions on every level, programs of the political parties and organizations, and economic and research institutions, and education in Norway and Germany and values they are based on.
2. Different areas: Urban areas and their development, processes of gentrification and their impact on green living; ways of living, work and transport in different urban areas, social inclusion and new settlements and green values as concepts of urban development.
3. Existing measures within:
Climate and environment: Reducing CO2, sustainable development
Transport: Individual and public, personal, climate friendly, train and plane; parking places and environmental zones
Schools and companies: Recycling of paper and waste, saving energy, education programs
Energy: Oil and gas, coal or atomic, wind and alternatives, energy efficiency, energy networks
Housing: Properties, passive houses and smart electronic, energy efficient housing.